All the information you need to know about Fanshawe TV and our 2016-2017 departments.
Fanshawe TV Mission Statement
Fanshawe TV and fanshawetv.ca strive to accurately reflect the many viewpoints of the college community through its programming while continuing to develop a student-run television station. Fanshawe TV prides itself on the innovation, talent, and commitment reflective of industry standards through an educational, positive, and entertaining medium.
There are three departments within this group: Live-Event Production, Program Production, & Creative Services. These individuals create content for our stations. This includes live events that take place at Fanshawe and around London, commercials and promos, and creative content that entice the viewers to watch our station. They oversee the involvement of all of our students in writing, producing, and editing content for Fanshawe TV. They are always thinking outside the box, and work hard to create content that you, the viewer, like to see.
The programming department curates the programs each week for Fanshawe TV
- Schedule the material that will go to air.
- Keep attention to detail to attract viewers for our station.
- Organize material that is submitted such as public service announcements, commercials, and any other content that is suitable for FTV.
Traffic consists of students who are working extremely hard to get your content on air. They organize and log commercials, promos, and public service announcements made by Fanshawe students themselves. You can usually find them firmly planted behind a computer screen somewhere in M building. Don’t be afraid to come say hello!
- GET THINGS ON THE AIR!
- Create the automation playlists.
- Ensure the video files are in the proper format for FTV.
- Put everything together to make sure FTV stays on the air.
- Reach out to potential advertisers.
- Make client calls and maintain a client contact list.
- Supervise the production of commercials or any sort of advertising.
- Work with the marketing department to connect them with clients for event promotions.
Sponsorship is responsible for the sale of all commercial advertisement space on Fanshawe TV. Fanshawe TV offers 15 and 30 seconds spots during the prime time hours of 12:00PM-4:00PM, with repeat exposure throughout the day. With a reach of 15,000 people daily and easy access to the profitable student demographic, Fanshawe TV is the right choice for many growing businesses in the London area.
- Work closely with Programming and Sponsorship to ensure that our brand is identified.
- Plan events, contests, and various activities for our station.
- Gain publicity for FTV.
- Get the Fanshawe community involved.
- Connect FTV with the community.
- Contact agencies to see what needs to be promoted.
- Promote activities using specialized billboards.
- Schedule promotions in a timely and relevant manner.
- Improve the image of FTV.
- Establish an online presence and connect with our viewers through social media.
- Keep viewers up-to-date on new programming, live events, and contests.
- Give YOU access to on-demand programming and live streams.
FANSHAWE TV RESOURCES
- Twitter: @FanshaweTV
- Facebook: Fanshawe TV
- Instagram: @fanshawetv
- Youtube: Fanshawe Television
- Vimeo: Fanshawe TV
- Website: fanshawetv.ca